BladeRagnarokBladeRagnarok

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

The Beautiful Savage The Beautiful Savage

This song has gotten out!

There's a reason I suddenly decided to review this song, but I'll get there in a minute!

I've had this song downloaded for a while, and I love it for its dual themes. I enjoy how it transitions from soft, echoing tones, to a powerful presence! I'm trying to think of a visual metaphor...when listening to it, I feel like I'm drifting through the air in a light snowfall, soon to be awaken from my trance as I panoramic views of dark castles and gothic architecture...only to fall back into my slumbering snowfall shortly after. In short, it has a lot of feeling!

You may have gotten a message or two about this, but it seems like you song is being featured in a game launch trailer! Looks like you're popular, even among developers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Fuh2 GHEDc

My Happy Ending My Happy Ending

It was almost there!!

Your song had me right where it wanted me starting at 00:50...but then it ended pretty much after that! The way the piano flows in with the percussion was nice, but then the song was done!

It was that last 20 seconds or so that really had me...if there was some sort of continuation of this, it would be fantastic.

magumanu responds:

Thanks, those last 20 seconds are my favorite part too. I hope I can continue this someday.

*Touch the Sky* *Touch the Sky*

This could go past the sky

First off, I liked what I heard right off the bat. The rapid keystrokes played such an enticing melody that I couldn't help but be enraptured. It's upbeat, it flows, and keeps one entertained.

I understand that this was meant to be a paino piece, but I found myself waiting for the entrance of other instruments...I don't know, maybe some deep strings to meld into the background (take this with a grain of salt, for I know knowthing of music composition :P).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really enjoy the melody...but it almost feels empty. Like a cream-filled donut without the cream. Mind you, the donut by itself is of Krispy-Kreme quality.

I don't know if you have any experience in synthesizing additional parts, but if so, consider this an oppertunity.

Great job

Valtrix responds:

Wow, not sure where all these reviews came from, but I'll review them :D

Yeah, I thought about adding other instruments, but that's not what I'm focusing on right now. I've really just been trying to work on flow and sounding of the notes and rhythms themselves before I try working on more complex things. Need to start with the basics you know ;P More than I would like is a trial and error, but I certainly think I'm getting better at composing from where I started.

I do agree that the melody is somewhat empty, but in the end I think this is just a song that's meant to be fun to listen to, and not really all that engrossing. More of something to have in the background to set a mood.

Thanks for the review!

Freedom vol.1 Freedom vol.1

I see a dream...

I was just searching for something smooth to listen to and I come across this. It's more bouncy than smooth, but I can't help but love it. A very nice piece.

Anyway, here is the dream that I see:

A boy and girl enter a carnival fairgrounds shaped from their imaginations. Hand in hand they run forward to try the rides, visit the food stands, gaze at the colorful lights, etc.

They ride the ferris whell together. At the peak of the ride, they wave hi to their favorite flying purple jester... (yeah, anything dream related I have to have that character appear)

They have the time of their lives until late in the evening where they exit through the main gates. The boy and girl part from each other and return to their respective worlds, looking forward to the time when they can meet there again...

A good dream, that.

The Purest of Winters The Purest of Winters

Peace and serenity in a snowflake...

This is a great piece. I can't help but close my eyes while listening to this and picturing a small village waking up Christmas morning to a light snowfall, the sun peaking over the low hills, kids gathering around the tree, and the like.

Very beautiful.